Our 2023 Summer Season has come to an end....
Welcome to the Red Hook Sea Raiders!
The Red Hook Sea Raiders Swim Team is a competitive swim team for youth ages 7 to 18. Pre-team is also available for children ages 4-6. Please note Pre-team swimmers will be required to pass a swim test to join. Information will be sent via emailed before the start of the season.
Our swim season is approximately 6 weeks in length and is a great opportunity for kids to build swim skills while having fun! Our team is one of eight teams in the DUSO League (Dutchess Ulster Swim Organization). It is also a fun family sport!
Stay tuned for our 2024 Summer Season Registration next spring!
Pre-Team - Ages 4-6
Pre-team swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards unassisted. A swim test will be given at the start of the season. Pre-team swimmers should register. Pre-team try-out will be Wednesday, June 14th from 4-5:30pm. Swimmers will be billed once they pass the swim test.
How to Join!
Registration is on line on our Sea Raiders Swimtopia Site. Your swimmer will receive a free t-shirt if registered by June 10th. You must be paid and registered to practice. Practice will begin Monday, June 19th. Please see Practice Schedule page for more details.
Cost is $200 per swimmer and $175 for each additional swimmer.
Go to the registration tab on the Red Hook Sea Raiders Swimtopia !
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Does my child have to attend all practices? He/she will be away at camp one of the weeks.
- Your child is encouraged to attend as many practices as possible. It is a short season. However, we acknowledge some swimmers have family obligations, camps, etc. For safety reasons, you must let your child's coach know if your swimmer is leaving practice early.
2. Does my child have to attend all of the swim meets?
- Again, we encourage your child to commit fully to the team, including home and away meets. We understand there are illnesses and other family obligations. You will have a chance to declare your child's attendance before each meet. It is mandatory to declare attendance as it helps coaches plan relays and enter events. Please pay attention to deadlines for each meet. You will be notified via email.
3. My child is new to swim team, what if the 25 yards is too difficult for them?
- Swimmers will be evaluated and placed appropriately. There is a pre-team option with the possibility of competing during the season if your swimmers is ready. For safety reasons, swimmers need to be able to swim 25 yards unassisted.
4. My child cannot begin practice until after school ends. Is this okay?
- Yes, we will evaluate your child as soon as they are ready to begin practices.